Thursday, February 23, 2012

A glimpse into.. ?

Today finally I feel it's the right moment to write on this blog again. So much has happened during the last four weeks. I wanted to write earlier but it didn't feel right. It would have been just out of duty. And that's not what this blog is to me.

Opportunities sometimes present themselves - until recently I have only heard that phrase in some movies. But it is exactly what happened to me just as I was planing what to do during the coming months.

My passion for photography has led me towards videography. Two months ago I started with very small steps, having some kind of immature vision of its possibilities in the future. When visiting my very creative musician friends, I discussed this with them. They needed a new video for a children's song and were asking me if I would be up for the job! Seeing this as a good learning opportunity I agreed to do it. We shoot the video material during early February and it was a lot of fun working with those kids. Editing all the way to the final video was fun as well, but at times very frustrating because of my non-existing experience.

This project was exactly what I needed. Instead of doing the video I had other plans but none of it would have given me the same satisfaction. I did something which matters in some way in some people's life. And at the same time it matters a lot to me, I really enjoyed it with all my heart and had the full support of my wife. Now I feel like I caught a glimpse, a moment, of something I was looking for a long time. I'll keep looking because it's out there somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment