Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I get started with this...?

Some of my friends asked me to blog this autumn and as the travel fever has finally caught up with me, I decided to give this a go.

First thing which gave me a headache was coming up with a name for it. Why does the name matter so much? It seems I just can't use any random combination of words or letters and that's it. Always some meaning or at least reflection of my current mood. Funny thing. Perhaps that's normal? Or maybe it's a sign Iam looking for some deeper level connection to.. what? I've never discussed this with anyone.

Well, whatever the reason, I chose the title from a Genesis song which was always a favourite one for me. Album is 'Genesis' from 1983. The first words go like this:
Rivers flow uphill
Blue turns into grey
Winter follows springtime
Morning ends the day
Beyond the silver rainbow.

As my trip to the East coast of the US is coming up and Iam taking a sabbatical, this title felt right. It covers my mood, my expecations of the unknown what lies ahead. What experiences will I have, which kind of people will I meet, how will it feel to see my wife again, does morning really end the day in a place so far away beyond that rainbow...?

Good night.

PS: The song sounds like this:

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I was so happy to find this. Will be following your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thomas! This is wonderful!!Your selection of the title-SILVER RAINBOW-is amazing-I always thought that rainbows were of 7 colours-but going beyond that-yes-I can see the silver.
    As for your name-KIWI- I now know why u chose this.
    Your language used for description indicates you are of a poetic bent of mind-flawless and descriptive.
    I want to call myself a PEACOCK-except that this bird though so colourful-is associated with the phrase-PROUD AS A PEACOCK!!!
    More in my next.
    THE PEACOCK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peacock,
    thanks for your kind words. Even though I don't know yet who you are, I'm sure to be wiser once I arrive in the U.S. :)
    Kiwi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Thomas
    I forgot to add that the pics you have 'caught' on your camera are exquisite.Feel like coming over to your country once.
    Looking forward to meeting you in the U.S.(Oh yes.We do get wiser,I suppose!!!)
    Regards
    THE PEACOCK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the United States,Thomas.
    So how was the trip to DC?

    ReplyDelete