Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ready for boarding

I always knew that cleaning (excluding vacuuming) isn't really my thing. Not that I wouldn't like to do it, but I just don't have the talent for it. The past few days have been proof of that. I decided to clean the house before leaving to Maryland and it took me days.

Seriously, how can cleaning the freezer, fridge, kitchen, bathroom, all rooms and floors, take that long? I guess practise makes perfect also here, but what is the benefit of it? Makes me wonder, what's in it for me? I'm happy I finished, but was I really unhappy before I started?

I support the sharing principle in a relationship: one partner does a few things and the the other the rest. It seems I have to re-think the share a bit and hone my 'skills'. But luckily I have a trump card in my sleeve: the cat toilet!

Nothing is more powerful than the cat toilet, from my point of view. It's the best argument I have when avoiding some task I don't like to do (like cleaning). My wife had to clean the cat toilet perhaps 5-8 times during 7 years and it was - apparently - a kind of torture. The smell is beyond imagination if the cat 'forgot' to cover up. I got used to this or shall I say I resigned to my fate.

Anyway, the cat toilet is my trump card. Not surprisingly, I have a weak point myself, ironing. The iron and me just won't ever be best friends. For some reason it is yet a housework activity, but that's just coincidence...

2 comments:

  1. Cat toilets eh? Interesting way to attract people to your blog :) Anyhoo have a good trip and if you ever get an iPad (other tablets are available) then check out the filmon app. Some UK channels, not sure if they will add German channels in the future but it least you might get a balanced news view compared to Fox News!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hints, I'll check out the app. As for the news, a balance is definitely needed :)

    ReplyDelete