Saturday, January 14, 2012

A different arrival - the 'mental' gate

It's been a few weeks since coming back home and finally I arrived mentally as well. In the beginning a day felt like an hour and a week like a day. Seems I'm adjusting rather slowly.

Last night I finished arranging the pictures from our time in the US and a first strong wave of 'home-sick' hit me. People, places, it all felt so far away. Arriving home mentally was definitely the reason for that. Before I 'was' still in the US with our group, but now it really feels more like a memory. This is difficult but looking into the future makes me smile. There are so many ways and possibilities to reconnect with friends!

One other thing helped me (and still does!). A friend told me this:
"Don't have any regrets. The worst thing would be to go to the airport and thinking: Why didn't I see this or why didn't I do that."

Today the sky here is very bright, -10, sunshine and no clouds. So I went to our backyard for some pictures and I enjoyed a small vitamin-D dose (remember: no regrets :).

It's the sun!

Hats



Half past noon

No comments:

Post a Comment