Saturday, December 31, 2011

Precious daylight

The last few nights my sleep was dictated by jetlag and a persistent flu. Last night I made a ten-hour trip to dreamland, the first good sleep after returning to Finland. But it came at a price. When I opened my eyes just before 3pm, I looked out the window to see if its cloudy or sunny. It was cloudy - and dark. I missed the last 'day' of this year. Only another 17 hours to wait until the next daylight. 

After 'breakfast' I went out for some fresh air and took my camera along. The first thing which came into my mind was reflections. Christmas decorations and street lamps were reflected by the snow. In the horizon a band of orange and grey clouds told their story about city centers, roads and parking areas.

Reflections - perhaps there is a bit of a cloud and a lamp in each of us.

A cloud's reflection can tell the story of one or more lamps. Every cloud does so from it's own point of view.

A lamp is the only one who knows its full, true story. It spreads the light into many directions and clouds, but rarely all of it to one.

I'm curious and excited about the future, especially about possible daylight when I'm awake!
Happy New Year :)




2 comments:

  1. Amazing how we fell ill upon reaching home. Guess the jetlag contributed to it. Rest well and tight lines. Oh by the way kept forgetting to tell you, it is taboo to bring bananas for fishing in south east Asia!!!! Dont ask me why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, no bananas? Maybe some predator fish would jump into the boat... :)

    ReplyDelete