Saturday, November 19, 2011

Where do you sleep tonight

Actually I was already on my way to bed because of tomorrow's early start. Sirens outside and the noise around our apartment keep me awake. So far I wrote a lot about my traveling, here are insight into what's happening in our apartment building right now at 12.00am. Right door neighbors are having a party with their stereos turned up. Left door neighbors are quiet, so I guess they are in the pub downstairs to the right or upstairs.
Upstairs another group runs across the hallway and dance in their rooms to loud music. The walls are almost shaking. Under our apartment is a burger place which is closing at midnight. That's when the first big group of loud students "rock" the street. At 2am comes the next wave; the pub is closing then. So it's after 2.30am when the street starts to be silent until morning traffic picks up.

Next week is Thanksgiving and this place will be empty as all are going home to their families. So this is the last weekend together, let's party!

Here is my guide on how to become a true UMD student living in the Varsity:
Wednesday: "Let's party-practice for the weekend"
Thursday: "Sorry, I thought it's Friday already?!"
Friday: "Party, yeeeeeeah"
Saturday: "Gotta keep partying"
Sunday: "Oops, I have to do some homework"
Monday: "I'm so tired, can't everybody just be quiet?"
Tuesday: "Shouldn't we plan the next party?"

Everyone in our group is above 30, so some of us discussed the noise level with the "kids". While some actually listened and respectfully turn town the volume, others just slammed the door in front of one's nose.

I always have been a night person, so I don't mind those parties around too much. After all, I still remember the time in my twenties..:) What I really love at night is being awake while the rest of the world sleeps. I really miss that, because in this house it's almost impossible.

When arriving at the Varsity, everybody received a T-shirt as a welcome present. Written text: "Where do you sleep tonight". It sure made me feel that this will be a great place to sleep.....

For those who want to party:



For all those who want to fall asleep:

No comments:

Post a Comment